The Behavioral Health Center for Women & Children focuses on maternal health.
THE CRADLES PROJECT can be a supportive resource in beginning the road to recovery and in recognizing one’s full potential. To be eligible, you (or someone you know) will answer “yes” to all four questions:
- Are you currently pregnant or have you recently given birth and have a child up to age 18 months?
- Do you have a history of alcohol, tobacco or other drug use?
- Do you have a desire to be clean and sober?
- Do you reside in Harris County, Texas?
Women can self-enroll or be referred by calling 281-200-9210 and completing a brief, confidential screening. Once enrolled, a case manager will be assigned and a plan of service will be tailored to the needs of the individual. Services may include:
- Case Management Services – The case manager will set up an initial session to provide you with a full orientation to the program and complete a brief confidential screening. Continued visits will be scheduled with you to address sobriety, parenting skills and health needs for you and your child and to assist you in accessing other community resources. The case manager will create a Service Plan with you to identify personal goals and your progress in achieving your goals.
- Parenting Resources – Participants are eligible to attend parenting groups at no charge that are developmentally-appropriate and modified for families affected by substance abuse. Please click on the Parenting Resources link for more information.
- Social Activities – Participants are invited to participate in activities that support and encourage sobriety in a fun, drug-free environment.
The CRADLES PROJECT receives funding support as a Texas Department of State Health Services’s (DSHS) Pregnant Post Partum Intervention (PPI) Programs.